- Zealots with Charge (research).
- Stalkers with Blink (research).
- Immortals with Hardened shield (research).
- Colossus, cliff climbing with single-target beam. Does ~144 damage per salvo, but the beam moves to a different target after the first one is dead.
- Phase Prism: Transport with the ability to deploy a Psi field.
- Phoenix with Overload: AoE-style damage to nearby flying units, but the unit is left deactivated after casting. Phoenix can attack air and ground.
- Warp Ray. Does more damage the longer it attacks a single target.
- Mothership: Unique. Has Planet Cracker (massive AoE ground damage), Time Bomb (stops enemy ranged attacks within an area), and Black Hole (AoE death to enemy flying units).
Protoss Buildings and Mechanics:
- Phase Cannon. Can convert into a mobile form. [The mobile form might have been restricted to moving only within Psi]
- Warp-In: Gateways can become WarpGates and cause units to be produced anywhere within Pylon power.
- Reapers: can cliff-climb arbitrarily.
- Siege Tanks with Siege Mode (old model).
- BattleCruisers with single-shot attack and Yamato Cannon.
- DropShips: They land to drop units, but this is only a visual thing.
Terran Buildings and Mechanics:
- Command Center carries SCVs.
- Zerglings (model with wings).
- Banelings, morphed from Zerglings.
Zerg Buildings and Mechanics:
- Nydus Worm (exact behavior unknown, but units that emerge from one do so 4 at a time).